Guidance on letting fees
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
Please note that as well as paying the rent on a property, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
- Before the tenancy starts (payable to Elizabeth Hunt & Associates Ltd, ‘The Agent’)
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Deposit: 5 weeks’ rent for tenancies below £50,000 per annum; 6 weeks’ rent for tenancies above £50,000 per annum
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
- Payment of £50 including VAT if you want to change the tenancy agreement.
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above Bank of England’s annual percentage rate
- Payment of £50 including VAT for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
- Contractual damages in the event of a tenants’ default of a tenancy agreement and
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Elizabeth Hunt & Associates Ltd is a member of Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly.
Please note that as a reputable letting agent, we are required by law to publish on our website information for potential tenants about relevant fees, redress schemes and client money protection schemes (including the names of those schemes). Relevant fees must also be published on third party websites, such as Rightmove or Zoopla. For properties to rent in England, details of our membership of any redress scheme and client money protection scheme must also be published with our fees on Rightmove or Zoopla. It is our responsibility to ensure that all relevant information is provided to Rightmove or Zoopla and is up-to-date and accurate. If the relevant information does not appear here, we may have included it within the property description or property PDF brochure details.