Guidance on letting fees
As a reputable lettings agency and a member of ARLA, we are required by the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) to bring to your attention important information about non-optional fees (fees that are non-refundable) in advertising rental properties and rental prices.
Should you wish to proceed with the rental of a property through Elizabeth Hunt & Associates Ltd, the following costs are applicable:
- An Administrative Deposit, equivalent to approximately one week’s rent, will be payable once an offer has been agreed, subject to contract and references. Upon receipt of this Administrative Deposit, the Landlord will be requested to remove the property from the available rental market. Should you decide not to proceed or you fail the reference process, the Administrative Deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. However, should you pass the references process, the Administrative Deposit will be full refunded on the start date of your tenancy.
- Prior to the commencement of the tenancy, you will be required to pay, in cleared funds by BACS transfer or bankers draft, the following (personal or company cheques will not be accepted under any circumstances):
- One month’s rent in advance.
- One week’s Administrative Deposit, payable as soon as rental per month agreed.
- One month’s Deposit (2 months Deposit is required if you have pets).
- Tenancy Agreement fee: £200.00 + VAT = £240.00.
- References fee: £40.00 + VAT = £48.00 (per applicant’s references).
Administrative Deposit: £325.00
Deposit: £2,600.00 (no pets)
Tenancy Agreement Fee: £240.00
References Fee: £48.00 (per applicant/tenant)
By start date of tenancy: £4,513.00
Refunded Administrative Deposit: (£300.00)
Total payable by start of tenancy: £4,213.00
NB: Please note that at the end of your tenancy, you will be liable for a Check-Out fee. The fee payable will depend on the size of the property, if it is a furnished and if the inventory clerk needs to re-attend for any reason, i.e. the property hasn’t been professionally cleaned. We will always endeavour to instruct the same inventory clerk to attend the Check-Out that was present at the Check-In, and we would happily advise you of the costs charged for the Check-In.