Barnett Wood Lane, Ashtead, KT21 2DF
BEAUTIFULLY-PRESENTED, PERIOD SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE IN THE HEART OF ASHTEAD, NEARBY TO EXCELLENT SCHOOLS & AMENITIES
Situated in the heart of Ashtead is this delightful semi-detached period family home. The property is beautifully-presented and offers spacious accommodation with a fully-fitted kitchen/dining room, 2 reception rooms and 4 bedrooms. Outside there is a useful outbuilding in the lovely south-west facing garden, a double garage and off-street parking. Ashtead railway station is just a short walk (approximately 7 minutes) and local shops, including a post office and convenience stores, are located close by. The North Downs and Surrey Hills are nearby and there are well-known leisure activities on the doorstep.
Schooling in the area is excellent and includes City of London Freeman’s School, St Andrew’s (Catholic) School, West Ashtead Primary School and Barnett Wood Lane Infant School (Ofsted Excellent) in Ashtead, St John’s School and Downsend School in Leatherhead, and Epsom College. Ashtead’s railway station provides regular services to London Waterloo, Victoria and London Bridge (approximately 35 minutes) whilst the A3 and M25 motorway are within easy reach, leading to the M3, M23, central London, Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Reception hall
- 2 reception rooms
- Kitchen/dining room
- Utility room
- 4 bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Shower room
- South-west facing garden
- Tool shed
- Double garage
- Off-street parking
- Epsom : 2.5 miles
- Leatherhead : 2.5 miles
- Dorking : 7.5 miles
- Banstead : 6 miles
- Oxshott : 4.5 miles
- Gatwick : 24 miles
- Heathrow : 26 miles
- Central London : 22 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- City of London Freeman’s School, Ashtead
- St Andrew’s (Catholic) School, Ashtead
- West Ashtead Primary School, Ashtead
- Barnett Wood Lane Infant School (Ofsted Excellent), Ashtead
- St John’s School, Leatherhead
- Downsend School, Leatherhead
- Epsom College, Epsom
Ashtead is a delightful village in rural Surrey that is popular with London commuters. One of Surrey’s oldest settlements and the largest village in Mole Valley, Ashtead is surrounded by woodlands and green fields. Appearing in the Domesday Book, the village is known for its historical churches, particularly St Giles’ Church which dates from the 12th century.
The village is made up of four principal areas: Lower Ashtead, rural Ashtead Common, Ashtead Park and Ashtead Village, which is the oldest part of the village and houses the main shopping outlets, as well as social activities. As well as its listed brick buildings and Grade II listed cottages, Ashtead Common is the subject of a long-standing preservation order, and is also a national nature reserve.
Ashtead village centre has a number of convenience stores and boutique outlets, as well as several pubs and the village club hall. There are an abundance of footpaths and cycle routes throughout the area including the North Downs Way and Box Hill, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Nearby is Epsom Downs, home of the famous racecourse and renowned for the annual Derby.
- Ashtead and Epsom mainline rail stations with regular services to London Waterloo, London Victoria and London Bridge (approximately 35 minutes).
- Within a short driving distance of the M25 motorway network providing easy access to central London, Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Good choice of schools including The Greville Primary School, Downsend School, City of London Freeman’s School, West Ashtead Primary School and Barnett Wood Lane Infant School.
- Leisure amenities nearby include football clubs, a cricket club, recreation ground, youth club and skate park.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.