Clock House Mead, Oxshott, KT22 0RW
A WELL-PRESENTED AND SPACIOUS SEMI-DETACHED FAMILY HOME IN A CUL-DE-SAC LOCATION, WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE RAIL STATION
Situated in sought-after Oxshott village is this well-presented semi-detached family house in a popular cul-de-sac location. The property provides spacious accommodation with wood floors throughout the ground floor, a lovely open plan kitchen/breakfast/family room with doors to the side patio and the utility room. The kitchen is fully-fitted with a range of units and outside the front garden is lawned with off-street parking and a separate garage, whilst to the rear are two patio areas and mainly laid to lawn.
Schooling in the area is excellent and includes Danes Hill and Royal Kent Primary School in Oxshott, the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Claremont Fan Court and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, and a little further away are Downside School and St John’s School in Leatherhead. Oxshott mainline railway station is within walking distance with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40-50 minutes), whilst the A3 and M25 motorway are within easy reach, leading to central London, Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Reception hall
- Reception room
- Kitchen/breakfast/family room
- Utility room
- Under stairs storage
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 2 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Front and rear gardens with two patio areas
- Off-street parking
- Esher : 2 miles
- Cobham : 1 mile
- Weybridge : 4.5 miles
- Walton on Thames : 5 miles
- Heathrow : 20 miles
- Gatwick : 29 miles
- Central London : 18 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Royal Kent Primary School, Oxshott
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Claremont Fan Court, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge, Esher
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- Downside School, Leatherhead
- St John’s School, Leatherhead
Formerly surrounded by heath and connected to nearby villages by footpaths only in the 16th century, the village of Oxshott has become an attractive and popular location in sought-after Surrey. In 1820, the Duchess of Kent laid the foundation stone of the primary school which has since grown in size and Oxshott became a parish in its own right in 1913. The brickworks, established by John Early Cook in 1866 finally ceased production in 1958, with the distinctive, famous chimneys being demolished in 1967. The village has been featured in Sophie Kinsella’s ‘Shopaholic’ novels as the hometown of Becky Bloomwood, the series narrator. German author, Tom Finnek, set his historic novel, “Unter der Asche” (Beneath the Ashes) in Oxshott and nearby Cobham, and some scenes of Monty Python’s film “Jaabberwocky” was filmed in Oxshott Woods. Oxshott is renowned for its past and present famous sporting residents including Colin Montgomerie, Jamie and Louise Redknapp, David Lloyd, Didier Drogba, John Terry, Graeme Le Saux and Andy Murray. An excellent commuter location, there are a range of local shops, a popular sports club featuring a range of sports including tennis, cricket and bowls, two public houses and plenty of beautiful country walks across heathland. There are more boutiques and restaurants situated in nearby Esher and Cobham.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 35 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools nearby including Danes Hill, Reeds School, Parkside, Notre Dame, Feltonfleet and ACS International School.
- Leisure amenities nearby including Painshill Park, Cobham Mill and Claremont Park.
- A range of local shops and restaurants in Esher and Cobham.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston Upon Thames.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.