Ellesmere Place, Walton on Thames, KT12 5AE
SPACIOUS FIRST FLOOR SPLIT-LEVEL 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT IN A HIGHLY POPULAR RESIDENTIAL LOCATION CLOSE TO LOCAL SCHOOLS AND AMENITIES.
Situated in a popular residential location within an easy distance of local schools, amenities and transport links is this delightful, spacious first floor split-level apartment. The property benefits from large picture windows that allow plenty of light into the apartment, a double height reception room with wood floor and a feature fireplace, 2 bedrooms of which the master bedroom suite also has a dressing area, a fitted kitchen, an attractive mezzanine dining room, and an underground parking space.
The property is within a short distance of Cleeves School and Oakfield School with further highly regarded schools in the area including Danesfield Manor School, Walton Oak School and Ashley Primary School in Walton-on-Thames, Claremont Fan Court and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher, the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Danes Hill and the Royal Kent School in Oxshott, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, and a little further away are Downside School and St John’s School in Leatherhead. The mainline rail stations of Walton-on-Thames and Hersham are of equidistance and offer regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40-50 minutes), whilst the A3 and M25 motorways are within easy reach, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports, the national motorway network and central London.
- Reception hall
- Double-height reception room
- Fitted kitchen
- Mezzanine dining room
- Master bedroom suite with dressing area
- Further bedroom with en suite shower
- Communal gardens
- Underground parking space
- Cobham : 5 miles
- Esher : 1.5 miles
- Weybridge : 2.5 miles
- Hersham : 2 miles
- East Molesey : 3 miles
- Kingston-upon-Thames : 6 miles
- Gatwick : 33 miles
- Heathrow : 11 miles
- Central London : 18.5 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Cleeves School, Walton on Thames
- Oakfield School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton-on-Thames
- Claremont Fan Court, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge, Esher
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Royal Kent School, Oxshott
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- Downside School, Leatherhead
- St John’s School, Leatherhead
Walton on Thames is a vibrant and popular town located in sought-after Surrey, situated alongside the River Thames. Cowey Sale in Walton was identified as the place where Julius Caesar forded the River Thames on his second invasion of Britain and appears in the Domesday Book when the parish was held jointly by Edward de Sarisber and Richard de Tonbrige. The 12th century St Mary’s Parish Church is Grade I listed whilst the square flint tower, supported by a 19th century brick buttress, has a ring of eight bells, the oldest bearing the date 1606. John Bradshaw, who presided over the trial of Charles I, lived in the 17th century Tudor manor house, which has since been demolished. There have been six versions of Walton Bridge since the construction of the first between 1748 band 1750, a timber structure that stood until 1783. Later bridges were built of brick and stone and the third bridge, built in 1864, had a brick viaduct constructed alongside to span the flood plain to the south of the river – the viaduct still stands to this day. Hersham and Walton Motors (HWM) built their own racing car; Stirling Moss competed in his first Formula One race in an HWM-built car and they were the world’s first Aston Martin dealership that diversified into Alfa Romeo. In the 1890s, the two main golf courses in Walton on Thames, Ashley Park Golf Club and Burwood Park Gold Club, were constructed and today are both popular leisure locations. Walton on Thames boasts a busy shopping centre with a range of independent shops, department stores, cafes and restaurants that is perfect for all the family. An excellent commuter location, Walton on Thames mainline rail station provides a regular service to London Waterloo and there are a range of bus services to the nearby towns of Weybridge, Hersham, Molesey, Esher, Shepperton, Kingston-upon-Thames and if you’re looking for something a little bit different and more leisurely, there is a pleasure boat service that runs on a stretch of the river that includes a loop around Desborough Island. There are a wide range of sporting and leisure facilities in the area including Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Centre, the River Thames hosts water-based sports including rowing, canoeing, kayaking and punting (Walton Rowing Club, Thames Valley Skiff Club and St George’s College are all situated along the river towpath). Walton Athletics Club offers track and field, cross country and road running groups for all ages; Walton on Thames Cricket Club are based in Ashley Park and there are two football clubs.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 25 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools nearby including Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School, Ashley Primary School, Claremont Fan Court School, Danes Hill, Notre Dame Senior School, St George’s College and the ACS International School.
- Leisure amenities including Ashley Park Golf Club, Burwood Park Golf Club, towpath walks along the River Thames, Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Centre, Walton Rowing Club and Walton Athletics Club nearby.
- A good range of high street names and department stores, cafes and restaurants.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.