Fairmeads, Cobham, KT11 2JD
LARGE FAMILY HOME SITUATED IN A PRIVATE GATED DEVELOPMENT WITHIN ONE OF COBHAM’S PREMIER PRIVATE ESTATES. Built in 2014 by Berkeley Homes, the property has underfloor heating and generously proportioned rooms throughout. The large central hall leads off to the integral garage, guest cloakroom, study, dining room, drawing room and then to the heart of the home, the large kitchen/dining/family space. This is at the rear of the building and has three sets of doors flooding the space with light. The doors lead onto the patio and gardens, which are very private given its location as a corner plot. The fully-fitted kitchen has a separate utility room, which also has direct access to the rear patio. Whilst the hall and the kitchen are tiled, both the dining room and the study have wooden floors, with the drawing room being carpeted.
Upstairs is carpeted throughout. On the first floor are four large bedrooms, all en suite. The master has a separate wardrobe area and a dressing area, and two further bedrooms also have walk-in wardrobes. On the top floor are two further bedrooms and a further reception room/media room and full bathroom.
This is a “must see” property for anyone wishing to move to one of Cobham’s private estates.
The property is close to excellent schools including the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Claremont Fan Court and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher, Danes Hill and Royal Kent Primary School in Oxshott, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, and a little further away are Downside School and St John’s School in Leatherhead. Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon, Esher and Walton mainline railway stations are nearby with regular services to London Waterloo and Victoria (approximately 40-50 minutes), whilst the A3 and M25 motorways are within easy reach, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Reception hall
- Drawing room
- Dining room
- Large, fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast/family room
- Utility room
- Master bedroom suite with dressing room
- 5 further bedrooms (3 en suite)
- Family bathroom
- Reception room/media room
- Double garage
- Off-street parking
- Large paved terrace area
- Mature garden, mainly laid to lawn
- Esher : 2 miles
- Oxshott : 1 mile
- Central London : 16 miles
- Heathrow : 20 miles
- Gatwick : 29 miles
- Guildford : 10 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Claremont Fan Court, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge, Esher
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Royal Kent Primary School, Oxshott
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- Downside School, Leatherhead
- St John’s School, Leatherhead
Cobham is delightful ‘village’ steeped in history and adjacent to the River Mole, located in sought-after Surrey. Cobham Mill is one of the few working water mills in Surrey, whilst the beautiful 17th century Painshill Park nearby, formerly the home of Gerrard Winstanley and the Diggers, a group of political activists with a surprisingly modern manifesto, is nearby. Cobham Park, built in the 1870s was built by Edward Middleton Barry for Charles Combe and other historic properties in Cobham include Ham Manor, The Old Mill House and Church Stile House, probably Cobham’s best-known and dating from the early 17th century. The ancient parish church of St Andrew is Cobham’s oldest building, which contains a unique brass of the nativity, and dates from the 12th century. Famous residents of Cobham have included the poet Matthew Arnold and the Revd Dr John Trusler who wrote several books in the 18th century on a range of topics, such as farming and etiquette. An excellent commuter location, there are a range of shops, cafes, restaurants and amenities ideal for families.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including Parkside, Feltonfleet, Notre Dame and the ACS International School in Cobham and Danes Hill in Oxshott.
- Leisure amenities including Painshill Park, Cobham Mill and Claremont Park nearby.
- A range of local shops and restaurants.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston Upon Thames and Guildford.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.