Fairmile Avenue, Cobham, KT11 2JB
A SPACIOUS, WELL-PRESENTED FAMILY HOUSE IN THE SOUGHT-AFTER PREMIER EATON PARK ESTATE, WITHIN EASY REACH OF LOCAL SCHOOLS AND AMENITIES
A well-presented and spacious 6 bedroom family home situated behind its own private gates, within one of Cobham’s premier residential locations, the popular Eaton Park Estate. The property offers ample accommodation with wood flooring throughout the principal rooms and a superb fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast room, leading into the family room. At the front of the property are two studies and at the rear, a formal dining room and drawing room. French doors lead to a large terrace from all the rear reception rooms. The secluded rear garden is terraced from the reception rooms, and then mainly laid to lawn.
Schooling in the area is excellent and includes the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Danes Hill and Royal Kent Primary School in Oxshott, Claremont Fan Court and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, and a little further away are Downside School and St John’s School in Leatherhead. Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon mainline railway station is nearby with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40 minutes) whilst the A3 and M25 motorway are within easy reach, leading to central London, Heathrow and Gatwick airports, and the south coast.
- Reception hall
- 4 reception rooms
- Fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room
- Downstairs WC
- Master bedroom suite with dressing room
- Guest bedroom suite
- 4 further bedrooms (1 en suite)
- 2 further bathrooms
- Triple garage
- Ample off-street parking
- Large secluded garden
- Oxshott : 1 mile
- Esher : 2 miles
- Central London : 16 miles
- Heathrow : 20 miles
- Gatwick : 29 miles
- Guildford : 10 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Claremont Fan Course, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge, Esher
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Royal Kent Primary School, Oxshott
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- Downside School, Leatherhead
- St John’s School, Leatherhead
Cobham is a delightful village steeped in history and adjacent to the River Mole, located in sought-after Surrey.
Cobham Mill is one of the few working water mills in Surrey, whilst the beautiful 17th century Painshill Park, formerly the home of Gerrard Winstanley and the Diggers, a group of political activists with a surprisingly modern manifesto, is nearby. Cobham Park, built in the 1870s was built by Edward Middleton Barry for Charles Combe and other historic properties in Cobham include Ham Manor, The Old Mill House and Church Stile House, probably Cobham’s best- known and dating from the early 17th century.
The ancient parish church of St Andrew is Cobham’s oldest building, which contains a unique brass of the nativity, and dates from the 12th century. Famous residents of Cobham have included the poet Matthew Arnold and the Revd Dr John Trusler who wrote several books in the 18th century on a range of topics, such as farming and etiquette.
- An excellent commuter location, there are a range of shops, cafes, restaurants and amenities ideal for families.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including ACS International School, Reeds, Notre Dame, Danes Hill, Parkside, and Feltonfleet.
- Leisure amenities including Painshill Park, Cobham Mill, Oxshott Heath and Claremont Park nearby.
- A range of local shops and restaurants.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston Upon Thames and Guildford.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.