Grove End Lane, Esher, KT10 8JA
ABSOLUTELY CHARMING AND STUNNING PERIOD PROPERTY WITHIN EASY REACH OF ESHER STATION. Situated in a highly regarded residential location is this immaculately presented and recently refurbished period property. The property has been well-maintained throughout and includes a new roof, electrics and plumbing – a must see property! Retaining an abundance of character and original features, this charming family home offers spacious accommodation with wood floors, underfloor heating, an attractive feature fireplace, an impressive, light and airy open plan kitchen/family/dining room with bi-fold doors to the garden, a delightful first floor balcony bedroom, a fabulous ‘Wendy House that benefits from power and light in the beautiful, secluded rear south-west facing garden which is mainly laid to lawn with established shrubs and borders, off-street parking for multiple cars and CCTV.
The property is close to excellent schools including Claremont Fan Court, St Paul’s and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher, the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Danes Hill in Oxshott, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, and a little further away are Downside School and St John’s School in Leatherhead. Esher’s mainline rail station is nearby with regular services to London Waterloo and Victoria, whilst the A3 and M25 motorways are within easy reach, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Reception hall
- Drawing room
- Fully-fitted open plan kitchen/family/dining room
- Utility room
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 4 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Shower room
- Beautiful, secluded garden mainly laid to lawn
- Delightful Wendy House with heat and light
- Off-street parking
- Cobham : 5 miles
- Oxshott : 3.5 miles
- Central London : 18.5 miles
- Heathrow : 25 miles
- Gatwick: 27 miles
- Kingston-upon-Thames : 5 miles
- Guildford : 15 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Claremont Fan Court, Esher
- St Paul's, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge, Esher
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George's School and College, Weybridge
- Downside School, Leatherhead
- St John's School, Leatherhead
Esher is a popular and historic residential location in the heart of Surrey that boasts bustling high street with an abundance of cosmopolitan cafes and restaurants, yet blends with a delightful Tudor church and the history of being one of King Henry VIII’s and Queen Victoria’s favourite country locations. Henry VIII often ventured far from Hampton Court and into Esher on his many hunting trips while Claremont Mansion and its park, built by Clive of India, became the royal residence of Queen Victoria. Claremont was lent to the exiled French King Louis-Philippe and his consort, Queen Marie-Amelie, following the 1848 revolution, and Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg resided at Claremont until he was honoured as King of the Belgians. Esher has been the home to a number of famous names over the many years of its history including Lady Emma Talbot, the Duchess of Albany, Sir Edgar Vincent, Sir Robert Hawthorn Collins and in more recent years, George Harrison of the Beatles, visited by other members of the hugely popular band at his home recording studio, and Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees, where the hit single ‘Juliet’ was written and recorded by him and his brother, Robin. In addition, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Mr Garcia in the Sherlock Holmes mystery, ‘The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge’, resided in Esher. Today, the town is just as busy as it was then with the cinema in the high street benefiting from four screens. As part of the route for the Cycling Road Race and Time Trial for the London 2012 Olympics, Esher is geared towards the sporty person with Esher Rugby Club, AFC Westend Football Club, several cricket clubs, Esher’s Lawn Tennis Club has hard and grass courts, and of course there’s Sandown Park with a busy programme of horse racing throughout the year. Nearby Hampton Court hosts their annual Hampton Court Flower Show, whilst Surrey Wildlife Trust manages Ockham Common, and if you are looking for beautiful flora and fauna, you can’t match Claremont Landscaped Gardens, Esher Place where a grass garden amphitheatre was built by Lutyens for the original manor house, the Royal Botanical Gardens and Kew and the RHS Garden at Wisley.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including Cranmere Primary School, Esher Church School and Esher High School, Milbourne Lodge, Claremont Fan Court School and ACS International School nearby.
- Leisure amenities including Claremont Park, RHS Garden Wisley, Royal Botanical Gardens Kew, Sandown Racecourse and Painshill Park nearby.
- Eclectic range of boutique, international cuisine restaurants and cosmopolitan cafes.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston-upon-Thames and Guildford
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.