Hanger Hill, Weybridge, KT13 9YD
BRIGHT AND SPACIOUS FAMILY HOUSE IN A POPULAR RESIDENTIAL LOCATION, WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE RAIL STATION
A superb, immaculate family house situated in a popular residential location, within walking distance of Weybridge’s rail station, the property offers spacious accommodation arranged over three floors. As well as a large reception room with a feature fireplace, there is a fabulous open plan kitchen/breakfast/family room, modern luxury bathrooms, a private balcony from the master bedroom and wood floors. The town centre is nearby with its great shopping facilities, leisure park and playgrounds.
Schooling in the area is excellent and includes St George’s School and College, Cleeves School, Heathside School, Brooklands College and St James CofE Primary School in Weybridge, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, as well as Danes Hill and Royal Kent Primary School in Oxshott. Weybridge mainline railway station is within walking distance, with regular services to London Waterloo and Victoria (approximately 40 minutes), whilst the A3 and M25 motorway are within easy reach, leading to central London, Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Reception hall
- 2 reception rooms
- Open plan kitchen/breakfast/family room
- Master bedroom suite with access to private balcony
- Guest bedroom suite
- 3 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Playroom/bedroom 6
- Laundry room
- Ample off-street parking
- Well-maintained, mature gardens and grounds
- Cobham : 3 miles
- Walton on Thames : 1.5 miles
- Esher : 4.5 miles
- Guildford : 13 miles
- Central London : 24 miles
- Gatwick : 34 miles
- Heathrow : 16 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- Cleeves School, Weybridge
- Heathside School, Weybridge
- Brooklands College, Weybridge
- St James CofE Primary School, Weybridge
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham,
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Royal Kent Primary School, Oxshott
Once part of Chertsey Abbey and noted in the Domesday Book of 1086, Weybridge is an exciting and popular town located in sought-after Surrey, and an excellent commuter location, hosting a good range of shops, department stores and restaurants. Until the late 18th century, Weybridge was a small village with a river crossing, seed milling and a source of home-grown income. In 1571, the bridge fell into such a state of repair that it was considered too dangerous, plus Queen Elizabeth I would not be able to hunt in her forest at Oatlands should the waters rise, so a new horse-bridge was built.
Famous St George’s Hill was the site of the Diggers’ Commune in the 1640s and at the bottom of Monument Hill is a monument to the Duchess of York that was erected in 1820 from the remains of the original Seven Dials Monument that stood in St Martin’s Lane in London until 1773. The Duchess is buried in St James’s Churchyard.
In the 19th century, the Oatlands area broke away from the Weybridge parish to become a village in its own right and Weybridge grew into the commuter town that it is today including a fast train link to London Waterloo, and the expansion of housing around Oatlands Park and Broadwater Lake.
Notable residents of Weybridge over the years include Michael Aspel, journalist and television presenter, the author E M Forester who wrote Howards End in Weybridge, John Austin, a legal philosopher in the 16th and 17th centuries, as well as well-known musicians such as Tom Jones, John Lennon, Ringo Starr and Cliff Richard, businessman and Dragon’s Den star Theo Paphitis and author Nina Bawden who wrote Carrie’s War at her house in Hangar Hill.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 30 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including St George’s College as well as ACS International School and Feltonfleet nearby.
- Leisure amenities including Painshill Park, Cobham Mill and Claremont Park nearby.
- An extensive range of high street names and department stores.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.