Hare Lane, Claygate, KT10 0QU
AN ATTRACTIVE AND SPACIOUS EDWARDIAN FAMILY HOUSE IN A POPULAR VILLAGE LOCATION, YET WITHIN EASY REACH OF SCHOOLS, RAIL STATION AND LOCAL AMENITIES. This delightful Edwardian family home is well-presented with light and spacious accommodation. The property benefits from wood floors, feature fireplace in the reception room, fully-fitted kitchen/dining room with access to the rear garden, a charming ‘snug’ on the second floor landing, a lovely south-facing garden with decking area, and off-street parking. Claygate’s village centre is just a short distance with its range of local convenience stores, grocers, bakers, cafes and restaurants.
The property is close to excellent schools including Claremont Fan Court and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher, the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Danes Hill in Oxshott, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, and a little further away are Downside School and St John’s School in Leatherhead. Claygate’s rail station is within walking distance and provides regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40-50 minutes), whilst the A3 and M25 motorways are within easy reach, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
- Reception hall
- Sitting room
- Fully-fitted kitchen/dining/family room
- Utility room
- Storage room
- Study/bedroom 5
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further bedrooms
- 2 family bathrooms
- ‘Snug’ on second floor landing
- South-facing garden with decking area
- Off-street parking
- Central London : 17.5 miles
- Esher : 1.5 miles
- Thames Ditton : 2.5 miles
- Kingston : 5.5 miles
- Cobham : 6 miles
- Oxshott : 3.5 miles
- Gatwick : 27 miles
- Heathrow : 13 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Claremont Fan Court, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge, Esher
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- Downside School, Leatherhead
- St John’s School, Leatherhead
Situated on the outskirts of Esher is the popular village of Claygate that benefits from views towards Cobham and Ruxley Towers in Leatherhead, a Neo-Gothic Victorian structure built by Lord Foley. Formerly known for the production of bricks and tiles from the village’s London Clay, the village grew in the 19th century and is surrounded by woodlands and open countryside including Winney Hill, Princes Covert, Telegraph Hill, Claygate Common, Littleworth Common and Arbrook Common. The Parade and The Old Village shopping areas are bustling with activity and provide a wide range of local stores and amenities, from the Post Office and newsagent, butcher, fishmonger, baker and greengrocer to a cobblers, travel agents, florists, chemists, an art gallery, beauty salons, coffee shops, cafes and boutique clothes shops. There are a range of pubs and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine and an annual tradition is a Boxing Day tour of the pubs in the village by Morris Dancers.
- Claygate railway station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 30 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools in Claygate and nearby Esher, Cobham, Oxshott and Weybridge.
- Leisure amenities including golf clubs, Sandown racecourse in Esher, and several parks.
- Two bustling shopping parades with local stores, gift shops and international cuisine restaurants.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.