High Park Avenue, East Horsley, KT24 5DB
SUPERB CONTEMPORARY DETACHED HOUSE IN A PRIVATE LOCATION WITHIN THE VILLAGE, NEARBY TO RAIL STATION AND LOCAL AMENITIES
Situated in a private residential location within the pretty Surrey village of East Horsley is this superb contemporary detached house. Providing bright and spacious accommodation, the property has been extensively modernised to a high standard, incorporating underfloor heating in zoned areas, feature lighting and a bespoke glass and steel staircase leading upstairs from the double-height reception hall. The outstanding open plan Poggenpohl kitchen with free-standing log burner, has bi-fold doors that lead into the garden. There is also a family/TV room, a large study, an impressive master bedroom suite and a detached workshop/storage building. Within the beautifully-landscaped, secluded garden there is a fabulous detached summerhouse with a shower, spa and bi-fold doors overlooking the lawn and entertainment patio.
The popular village of East Horsley is nearby as is the A3, the M25 motorway leading to central London, Heathrow and Gatwick airports, as well as a range of local amenities. Schooling in the area is excellent and includes Glenesk School, Raleigh School and Cranmore Preparatory School in East Horsley, Claremont Fan Court School and Milbourne Lodge in Esher, Danes Hill and Royal Kent Primary School in Oxshott, the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, and St George’s School and College in Weybridge. East Horsley’s rail station is a short distance and provides regular services to London Waterloo.
- Reception hall
- 2 reception rooms
- Family/TV room
- Fully-fitted Poggenpohl kitchen/breakfast room with large family area
- Utility room
- Master bedroom suite with walk-in wardrobes
- 4 further bedrooms
- Jack ‘n’ Jill shower room
- Family bathroom
- Shower room
- Detached workshop/storage room
- Detached summerhouse with shower room and sauna
- Off-street parking
- Beautifully landscaped garden
- Central London : 29 miles
- Surbiton : 16 miles
- Esher : 10 miles
- Cobham : 6 miles
- Guildford : 7 miles
- Gatwick : 20 miles
- Heathrow : 24 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Glenesk School, East Horsley
- Raleigh School, East Horsley
- Cranmore Preparatory School, East Horsley
- St Teresa's, Effingham
- Howard of Effingham, Effingham
- Claremont Fan Court School, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge, Esher
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Royal Kent Primary School, Oxshott
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
East Horsley is an attractive and popular village located in sought-after Surrey, and an excellent commuter location. The village appeared in the Domesday Book of 1086, listed as having two manors under the chief manor of Horslei, and it was held by Lefranc, Archbishop of Canterbury. Horsley Park is a gothic mansion at the heart of the village which was owned by William Currie and was designed by Sir Charles Barry, who later became the architect of the Houses of Parliarment. Currie was a distiller and banker who bought Horsley Park in 1784 and made extensive changes to the village, including the rebuilding of the majority of its houses, restoring the church and establishing the school. The property was later acquired by the 1st Earl of Lovelace and became the marital home for him and Ada, Lady Lovelace, who was a writer, mathematician and the world’s first computer programmer. Sir Thomas Sopwith, the aviation pioneer, was also a resident. In 1971 Horsley Park was used as a Staff Training College and was placed in the second category of the English Heritage scheme of architecture as a Grade II listed building. Today, Horsley Park is a hotel and conference centre and was used as a location for the film, The Colour of Magic, in 2008.
The village boasts a range of local shops as well as an NHS medical practice, opticians and a Legacy hotel. The Nomad Theatre in the village hosts a busy schedule of amateur productions. Further shops, boutiques and restaurants situated in nearby Cobham and Guildford. Horsley and Effingham Junction railway stations provide regular services to London Waterloo, as well as other local towns.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including St Teresa’s, Howard of Effingham, the George Abbott School, Guildford High School, RGS and St John’s in Leatherhead.
- Leisure amenities including local shops and cafes, sports clubs, the Spectrum Leisure Complex and Lido swimming pool in nearby Guildford, and the Leatherhead Leisure Centre.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Guildford.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.