North Road, Hersham, KT12 5JF
A WELL-PRESENTED AND SPACIOUS ONE BEDROOM MEWS-STYLE PROPERTY IN A QUIET YET SECURE, GATED LOCATION. Situated in a popular residential location is this exceptionally spacious one bedroom mews-style property that has been built to a very high standard. Within a secure, gated yet quiet residential development, the light and airy accommodation is set over two floors and benefits from a downstairs cloakroom, modern fitted kitchen, a large reception room with ample power sockets, plenty of storage, double size bedroom with fitted wardrobes, and an allocated parking space to the front of the property.
Just a few minutes’ walk from Hersham village with its range of local shops, supermarket and excellent restaurants, Hersham and Walton on Thames mainline rail stations are nearby with regular services to London Watlerloo (approx. 40 minutes). Schooling in the area is superb and includes Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Danes Hill in Oxshott, Claremont Fan Court and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher and a little further away are Downside School and St John’s School in Leatherhead. The A3 and M25 motorways are within easy reach, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Large reception room
- Fully-fitted modern kitchen
- Bedroom with fitted wardrobes
- Shower room
- Allocated parking space
- Lease 125 years (from March 2012)
- Ground rent £250 per annum
- Service charges £435 per 6 months
- Cobham : 5 miles
- Esher : 1.5 miles
- Weybridge : 2.5 miles
- East Molesey : 3 miles
- Kingston-upon-Thames : 6 miles
- Gatwick : 33 miles
- Heathrow : 11 miles
- Central London : 18.5 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside. Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Claremont Fan Court, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge, Esher
- Downside School, Leatherhead
- St John’s School, Leatherhead
The village of Hersham is situated between Esher and Walton on Thames, both of which are vibrant and popular towns located in sought-after Surrey, situated alongside the River Thames. Cowey Sale in Walton was identified as the place where Julius Caesar forded the River Thames on his second invasion of Britain and appears in the Domesday Book when the parish was held jointly by Edward de Sarisber and Richard de Tonbridge. The 12th century St Mary’s Parish Church is Grade I listed whilst the square flint tower, supported by a 19th century brick buttress, has a ring of eight bells, the oldest bearing the date 1606. John Bradshaw, who presided over the trial of Charles I, lived in the 17th century Tudor manor house, which has since been demolished. There have been six versions of Walton Bridge since the construction of the first between 1748 band 1750, a timber structure that stood until 1783. Later bridges were built of brick and stone and the third bridge, built in 1864, had a brick viaduct constructed alongside to span the flood plain to the south of the river – the viaduct still stands to this day. Hersham and Walton Motors (HWM) built their own racing car; Stirling Moss competed in his first Formula One race in an HWM-built car and they were the world’s first Aston Martin dealership that diversified into Alfa Romeo. In the 1890s, the two main golf courses in Walton on Thames, Ashley Park Golf Club and Burwood Park Gold Club, were constructed and today are both popular leisure locations. Esher's town centre is an eclectic mix of local stores and boutique shops, whilst Walton on Thames boasts a busy shopping centre with a range of independent shops, department stores, cafes and restaurants that is perfect for all the family. An excellent commuter location, Esher and Walton on Thames mainline rail stations provide regular services to London Waterloo and there are a range of bus services to the nearby towns of Weybridge, Molesey, Shepperton and Kingston-upon-Thames. If you’re looking for something a little bit different and more leisurely, there is a pleasure boat service that runs on a stretch of the river that includes a loop around Desborough Island. There are a wide range of sporting and leisure facilities in the area including Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Centre, the River Thames hosts water-based sports including rowing, canoeing, kayaking and punting (Walton Rowing Club, Thames Valley Skiff Club and St George’s College are all situated along the river towpath). Walton Athletics Club offers track and field, cross country and road running groups for all ages; Walton on Thames Cricket Club is based in Ashley Park and there are two football clubs.
- Mainline rail stations with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 25 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools nearby including Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School, Ashley Primary School, Claremont Fan Court School, Danes Hill, Notre Dame Senior School, St George’s College and the ACS International School.
- Leisure amenities including Ashley Park Golf Club, Burwood Park Golf Club, towpath walks along the River Thames, Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Centre, Walton Rowing Club and Walton Athletics Club nearby.
- A good range of high street names and department stores, cafes and restaurants.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.