The Phillamores, Fairmile Lane, Cobham, KT11 2DQ
ATTRACTIVE DETACHED FAMILY HOUSE SITUATED IN A SMALL PRIVATE GATED DEVELOPMENT IN A SOUGHT-AFTER LOCATION, CLOSE TO LOCAL AMENITIES AND EXCELLENT SCHOOLS. This superb detached property, located in a highly regarded residential location and within a small, quiet private gated development set behind electric gates, offers immaculate and spacious family accommodation as well as an indoor swimming pool complex. The property, with lovely dark wood floors, provides five bedrooms and six bathrooms with a large, light kitchen/family/dining room, which also gives access to the double garage and the lower ground floor, reaching the cinema room, wine cellar, gymnasium and indoor swimming pool complex. There is a formal reception room, a study and to the outside is ample off-road parking and beautifully-maintained front and rear gardens.
The property is just a short distance from Cobham village centre and excellent schools including the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Claremont Fan Court and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher, Danes Hill in Oxshott, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, and a little further away are Downside School and St John’s School in Leatherhead. Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon’s mainline rail station is nearby with regular services to London Waterloo and Victoria (approximately 40-50 minutes), whilst the A3 and M25 motorways are within easy reach, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Reception hall
- Formal reception room
- Large fully-fitted kitchen/family/dining room
- Utility room
- Master bedroom suite with walk-in dressing room
- Guest bedroom suite
- 3 further bedroom suites
- Family bathroom
- Cinema room
- Indoor swimming pool complex with shower and changing area
- Wine cellar
- Double garage
- Ample parking
- Beautifully-maintained front and rear gardens
- Esher : 2 miles
- Oxshott : 1 mile
- Central London : 16 miles
- Heathrow : 20 miles
- Gatwick : 29 miles
- Guildford : 10 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- The ACS International School
- Reeds School
- Notre Dame School
- Parkside School
- Feltonfleet School
- Claremont Fan Court School
- Milbourne Lodge School
- Danes Hill School
- Walton Oak School
- Danesfield Manor School
- Ashley Primary School
- St George’s School and College
- Downside School
- St John’s School
Cobham is delightful ‘village’ steeped in history and adjacent to the River Mole, located in sought-after Surrey. Cobham Mill is one of the few working water mills in Surrey, whilst the beautiful 17th century Painshill Park nearby, formerly the home of Gerrard Winstanley and the Diggers, a group of political activists with a surprisingly modern manifesto, is nearby. Cobham Park, built in the 1870s was built by Edward Middleton Barry for Charles Combe and other historic properties in Cobham include Ham Manor, The Old Mill House and Church Stile House, probably Cobham’s best-known and dating from the early 17th century. The ancient parish church of St Andrew is Cobham’s oldest building, which contains a unique brass of the nativity, and dates from the 12th century. Famous residents of Cobham have included the poet Matthew Arnold and the Revd Dr John Trusler who wrote several books in the 18th century on a range of topics, such as farming and etiquette. An excellent commuter location, there are a range of shops, cafes, restaurants and amenities ideal for families.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including Parkside, Feltonfleet, Notre Dame and ACS International School.
- Leisure amenities including Painshill Park, Cobham Mill and Claremont Park nearby.
- A range of local shops and restaurants.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston Upon Thames and Guildford.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.