Windsor Road, Teddington, TW11 0SF
IMMACULATELY-PRESENTED AND SPACIOUS VICTORIAN FAMILY HOUSE IN A SOUGHT-AFTER LOCATION, IDEALLY LOCATED CLOSE TO EXCELLENT SCHOOLS. Situated in a popular and sought-after residential road in Teddington, and conveniently located close to excellent schools, is this immaculately-presented semi-detached Victorian family house. Newly decorated, the property offers spacious accommodation over three floors and benefits from recently installed electrics, gas boiler central heating system with mega-flow, new double glazed sash windows and underfloor heating in the kitchen/breakfast room and bathrooms. Retaining original features such as oak flooring and cast iron fireplace with attractive surround, there is a stylish bespoke vaulted, fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast room with breakfast bar, tiled floor and Velux skylights, bi-folding doors giving access to a charming Mediterranean-style landscaped garden with stone paving and side covered storage which leads to the front of the property.
The property is within the catchment area of excellent schools including Waldegrave Girls Secondary School and Sixth Form, St Mary & St Peter’s Primary and Infant School, Turing Secondary School, Stanley Primary School, the Sacred Heart Primary School, Lady Eleanor Holles School, Teddington School, St Catherine’s School, The Pavilion Montessori School, Kingston Grammar School and Hampton School. Teddington’s mainline rail station provides regular services to London Waterloo and Victoria (approximately 40 minutes), whilst central London and Heathrow Airport are within easy reach.
- Reception hall
- Reception room with attractive fireplace
- Dining room
- Bespoke fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast room with bi-fold doors to the rear
- Utility room
- Master bedroom suite
- 2 further bedrooms
- Charming Mediterranean-style landscaped rear garden with stone paving
- Twickenham : 1.5 miles
- Richmond : 3.5 miles
- Kingston Upon Thames : 2.5 miles
- Thames Ditton : 5 miles
- Sunbury on Thames : 4.5 miles
- Central London : 13 miles
- Heathrow Airport : 11 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Waldegrave Girls Secondary School and Sixth Form
- St Mary & St Peter’s Primary and Infant School
- Turing Secondary School
- Stanley Primary School
- The Sacred Heart Primary School
- Lady Eleanor Holles School
- Teddington School
- St Catherine’s School
- The Pavilion Montessori School
- Kingston Grammar School
- Hampton School
South-west of London and on the north bank of the River Thames is the town of Teddington. Its long high street with pubs, restaurants, local shops, leisure premises and fitness clubs stretches from the Thames to Bushy Park. The pedestrian suspension bridge sits over the lowest non-tidal lock on the Thames, Teddington Lock, and is accessible via the Teddington Lock Footbridges. Teddington Lock was constructed in 1811 and was the first, and largest, on the Thames. It was followed by Teddington Lock Footbridge in 1889 which was made up of two sections, the suspension bridge and the girder bridge. The railway, built in 1863, made travel easy from Teddington to Twickenham, Kingston, Richmond and London.
Teddington Manor was first owned by Benedictine monks in Staines. It is believed that they build a chapel dedicated to St Mary which sits on the same site as today’s St Mary’s Church. A charter gave the land of Teddington to the Abbey of Westminster in 971 and the population grew. In 1500, the Hampton Court gardens were laid out as part of the plans for rebuilding the 14th century manor forming Hampton Court Palace in 1521. Cardinal Wolsey and later Henry VIII used the land as their hunting grounds, some of which were enclosed to create Bushy Park in 1540.
Bushy House, built in 1663, was the former home of British Prime Minister Lord North who spent 20 years of his life at the house. Later residents include the future William IV of the UK who lived there with his mistress, Dorothy Jordan, and later his Queen Consort, Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen. The house was later converted into the National Physical Laboratory in 1902, mainly working in industry and metrology and also where the first accurate atomic clock was built. During the war, the NPL’s focus was on military research, inventing and developing the famous bouncing bomb. In 1906, the Teddington Carnegie Library was built and then the Teddington Memorial Hospital in 1929. Opening in 1958 was Teddington Studios, today one of the most well-known digital widescreen television studio complexes in the world and the former home of Thames Television.
There is an abundance of sports activities in the town including cricket and hockey clubs based in Bushy Park, athletic and football clubs, and with the River Thames there are plenty of water sports clubs such as the Kingston Royals Dragon Boat Racing Club, the Royal Canoe Club, The Skiff Club – the oldest skiff club in the world – and Walbrook Rowing Club.
Notable residents of Teddington include the Dowager Queen Adelaide, widow of William IV, who lived the last years of her life at Bushy House, Sir Noel Coward, the actor, songwriter and playwright, Prince Louis, Duke of Nemours who also lived at Bushy House, the actress Keira Knightley who grew up in Teddington and Mo Farah, the Olympian long-distance runner.
- Teddington, Hampton Wick, Fulwell and Strawberry Hill mainline rail stations with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40-50 minutes) nearby.
- Easy access to central London, Heathrow Airport, the M25 and motorway network.
- Excellent choice of schools including St Mary & St Peter’s Junior and Infant School, Lady Eleanor Holles School and The Pavilion Montessori School.
- Local pubs, restaurants, shops, leisure amenities and fitness clubs along the high street.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston-upon-Thames.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.