Carrington Place, Esher Park Avenue, Esher, KT10 9SF
SUPERB, SPACIOUS APARTMENT IN PRIVATE LOCATION, CLOSE TO TOWN CENTRE – A MUST SEE! A beautifully-maintained 2 bedroom apartment that is situated in a popular, private residential location within walking distance of Esher’s town centre, with its eclectic range of boutiques, stores and international restaurants. The property benefits from a fully-fitted and immaculate kitchen, French doors to a private balcony from the reception room, an attractive coal-effect fireplace with surround, lift access, well-maintained communal grounds and two underground parking spaces.
Beautiful Claremont Park in Esher and Painshill Park in Cobham are nearby as is the River Mole, Sandown Park Racecourse and a variety of leisure facilities. Esher’s mainline rail station, which has a regular service to London Waterloo, is a short distance as is the A3 and the M25 motorway, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports. Schooling in the area is superb and includes Claremont Fan Court School in Esher, The ACS International School, Notre Dame Senior School and Feltonfleet in Cobham, Danes Hill in Oxshott, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, and St George’s College in Weybridge.
- Reception hall
- Large reception room with doors to private balcony and feature fireplace
- Fully-fitted kitchen
- Master bedroom with en suite bathroom and separate shower
- Further bedroom
- Shower room
- Two underground allocated parking spaces
- Well-maintained communal gardens and grounds
- Cobham : 5 miles
- Oxshott : 3.5 miles
- Central London : 18.5 miles
- Heathrow : 25 miles
- Gatwick: 27 miles
- Kingston-upon-Thames : 5 miles
- Guildford : 15 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Claremont Fan Court School, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge School, Esher
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Notre Dame Senior School, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s College, Weybridge
Esher is a popular and historic residential location in the heart of Surrey that boasts bustling high street with an abundance of cosmopolitan cafes and restaurants, yet blends with a delightful Tudor church and the history of being one of King Henry VIII’s and Queen Victoria’s favourite country locations. Henry VIII often ventured far from Hampton Court and into Esher on his many hunting trips while Claremont Mansion and its park, built by Clive of India, became the royal residence of Queen Victoria. Claremont was lent to the exiled French King Louis-Philippe and his consort, Queen Marie-Amelie, following the 1848 revolution, and Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg resided at Claremont until he was honoured as King of the Belgians. Esher has been the home to a number of famous names over the many years of its history including Lady Emma Talbot, the Duchess of Albany, Sir Edgar Vincent, Sir Robert Hawthorn Collins and in more recent years, George Harrison of the Beatles, visited by other members of the hugely popular band at his home recording studio, and Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees, where the hit single ‘Juliet’ was written and recorded by him and his brother, Robin. In addition, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Mr Garcia in the Sherlock Holmes mystery, ‘The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge’, resided in Esher. Today, the town is just as busy as it was then; the cinema in the high street benefits from four screens and More Place on the outskirts of the town has been completed refurbished and is now an esteemed bar, restaurant and golf course. As part of the route for the Cycling Road Race and Time Trial for the London 2012 Olympics, Esher is geared towards the sporty person with Esher Rugby Club, AFC Westend Football Club, several cricket clubs, Esher’s Lawn Tennis Club has hard and grass courts, and of course there’s Sandown Park with a busy programme of horse racing throughout the year. Nearby Hampton Court hosts their annual Hampton Court Flower Show, whilst Surrey Wildlife Trust manages Ockham Common, and if you are looking for beautiful flora and fauna, you can’t match Claremont Landscaped Gardens, Esher Place where a grass garden amphitheatre was built by Lutyens for the original manor house, the Royal Botanical Gardens and Kew and the RHS Garden at Wisley.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 25 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including Cranmere Primary School, Esher Church School and Esher High School, Milbourne Lodge, Claremont Fan Court School and ACS International School nearby.
- Leisure amenities including Claremont Park, RHS Garden Wisley, Royal Botanical Gardens Kew, Sandown Racecourse and Painshill Park nearby.
- Eclectic range of boutique, international cuisine restaurants and cosmopolitan cafes.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston-upon-Thames and Guildford.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.