Hare Lane, Claygate, KT10 0QU
ATTRACTIVE HOME IN VILLAGE CENTRE WITH ACCESS TO LOCAL AMENITIES AND STATION. A delightful Edwardian family home that is well-presented with light and spacious accommodation, and ideally situated for local amenities and mainline rail stations. The property benefits from wood floors, fitted kitchen/family/dining room with access to the rear, feature fireplace, a charming ‘snug’ on the second-floor landing, south-facing garden with decking area and off-street parking. Claygate’s rail station offering regular services to London Waterloo is within walking distance, as is The Parade with its range of local convenience stores, grocers, bakers, cafes and restaurants.
The A3 and the M25 motorway network, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports, and central London is a short driving distance. Schooling in the area is superb and includes Claygate Primary School and Rowan School in Claygate, Claremont Fan Court School in Esher, Danes Hill and Reeds School in Oxshott, The ACS International School, Notre Dame Senior School and Feltonfleet in Cobham, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, and St George’s School and College in Weybridge.
- Reception hall
- Sitting room
- Fully-fitted kitchen/dining/family room
- Utility room
- Storage room
- Study/bedroom 5
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further bedrooms
- 2 family bathrooms
- ‘Snug’ on second-floor landing
- South-facing garden with decking area
- Off-street parking
- Central London : 17.5 miles
- Esher : 1.5 miles
- Thames Ditton : 2.5 miles
- Kingston : 5.5 miles
- Cobham : 6 miles
- Oxshott : 3.5 miles
- Gatwick : 27 miles
- Heathrow : 13 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Claygate Primary School, Claygate
- Rowan School, Claygate
- Claremont Fan Court School, Esher
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Reeds School, Oxshott
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Notre Dame Senior School, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
Situated on the outskirts of Esher is the popular village of Claygate that benefits from views towards Cobham and Ruxley Towers in Leatherhead, a Neo-Gothic Victorian structure built by Lord Foley. Formerly known for the production of bricks and tiles from the village’s London Clay, the village grew in the 19th century and is surrounded by woodlands and open countryside including Winney Hill, Princes Covert, Telegraph Hill, Claygate Common, Littleworth Common and Arbrook Common. The Parade and The Old Village shopping areas are bustling with activity and provide a wide range of local stores and amenities, from the Post Office and newsagent, butcher, fishmonger, baker and greengrocer to a cobblers, travel agents, florists, chemists, an art gallery, beauty salons, coffee shops, cafes and boutique clothes shops. There are a range of pubs and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine and an annual tradition is a Boxing Day tour of the pubs in the village by Morris Dancers.
- Claygate railway station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 30 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools in Claygate and nearby Esher, Cobham, Oxshott and Weybridge.
- Leisure amenities including golf clubs, Sandown racecourse in Esher, and several parks.
- Two bustling shopping parades with local stores, gift shops and international cuisine restaurants.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.