Lyndhurst, Hanger Hill, Weybridge, KT13 9GE
SPACIOUS TOWN HOUSE SET WITHIN GATED DEVELOPMENT. A newly-decorated and spacious 4 bedroom town house situated within a sought-after gated development, yet within easy reach of Weybridge town centre and mainline rail station. The property benefits from plenty of light and is carpeted throughout with a superb fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast room, master bedroom with en suite shower room, 2 studies, garage, off-street parking and garden. The mainline stations of Walton on Thames, Esher and Weybridge with regular services to London Waterloo and London Victoria are nearby as are the A3 and the M25 motorway which lead to Heathrow and Gatwick airports. Schooling in the area is superb and include St George’s Junior School and College, Cleves School, Oatlands School and St James C of E Primary School in Weybridge, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, Claremont Fan Court School in Esher, Danes Hill in Oxshott, as well as The ACS International School, Notre Dame Senior School and Feltonfleet in Cobham.
- Reception hall
- 2 reception rooms
- Superb fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room
- Ground floor study
- First floor study
- Master bedroom with en suite shower
- 3 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Off-street parking
- Rear garden
- Cobham : 3 miles
- Walton on Thames : 1.5 miles
- Esher : 4.5 miles
- Guildford : 13 miles
- Central London : 24 miles
- Gatwick : 34 miles
- Heathrow : 16 miles
- St George’s Junior School and College, Weybridge
- Cleves School, Weybridge
- Oatlands School, Weybridge
- St James C of E Primary School, Weybridge
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- Claremont Fan Court School, Esher
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Notre Dame Senior School, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
Once part of Chertsey Abbey and noted in the Domesday Book of 1086, Weybridge is an exciting and popular town located in sought-after Surrey, and an excellent commuter location, hosting a good range of shops, department stores and restaurants. Until the late 18th century, Weybridge was a small village with a river crossing, seed milling and a source of home-grown income. In 1571, the bridge fell into such a state of repair that it was considered too dangerous, plus Queen Elizabeth I would not be able to hunt in her forest at Oatlands should the waters rise, so a new horse-bridge was built.
Famous St George’s Hill was the site of the Diggers’ Commune in the 1640s and at the bottom of Monument Hill is a monument to the Duchess of York that was erected in 1820 from the remains of the original Seven Dials Monument that stood in St Martin’s Lane in London until 1773. The Duchess is buried in St James’s Churchyard.
In the 19th century, the Oatlands area broke away from the Weybridge parish to become a village in its own right and Weybridge grew into the commuter town that it is today including a fast train link to London Waterloo, and the expansion of housing around Oatlands Park and Broadwater Lake.
Notable residents of Weybridge over the years include Michael Aspel, journalist and television presenter, the author E M Forester who wrote Howards End in Weybridge, John Austin, a legal philosopher in the 16th and 17th centuries, as well as well-known musicians such as Tom Jones, John Lennon, Ringo Starr and Cliff Richard, businessman and Dragon’s Den star Theo Paphitis and author Nina Bawden who wrote Carrie’s War at her house in Hanger Hill.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 30 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including St George’s College as well as ACS International School and Feltonfleet nearby.
- Leisure amenities including Painshill Park, Cobham Mill and Claremont Park nearby.
- An extensive range of high street names and department stores.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.