Ockham Lane, Cobham, KT11 1LS
FABULOUS AND UNIQUE AWARD-WINNING HOUSE IN BEAUTIFUL RURAL POSITION. Situated in a beautiful rural position overlooking parkland and just a few minutes from the village centre of Cobham, this fabulous yet unique award-winning property offers immaculate accommodation with windows that flood the property with light. Beautifully restored from what was originally three cottages, the property boasts vaulted ceilings that add space, polished wood floors, Victorian-style bathroom suites, an abundance of original features and fabulous decorative staircase iron work add a lovely elegance to the property. Full height glass doors and windows overlook the pretty rear garden, whilst the fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast/family room benefits from a wood burner. A mezzanine floor houses a study/library area and outside, there is off-street parking. The rear gardens are a particular pleasure with a circular covered pergola, a wild flower meadow and established shrubs and trees.
With two highly-regarded pubs at either end of Ockham Lane, the property is nearby to excellent schools including the ACS International School, Reeds School, Notre Dame, Parkside and Feltonfleet schools in Cobham, Danes Hill in Oxshott, Claremont Fan Court and Milbourne Lodge schools in Esher, Walton Oak School, Danesfield Manor School and Ashley Primary School in Walton on Thames, St George’s School and College in Weybridge, and a little further away are Downside School and St Johns School in Leatherhead. Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon’s mainline rail station is nearby with regular services to London Waterloo and Victoria (approximately 40-50 minutes), whilst the A3 and M25 motorways are within easy reach, leading to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Reception hall
- Large reception room with full height glass doors and windows to the rear garden
- Large, fully-fitted kitchen/breakfast/family room with wood burner
- Mezzanine floor study/library area
- Master bedroom suite
- 2 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- External utility room
- Off-street parking
- Attractive rear gardens with circular covered pergola, wild flower meadow and overlooking parkland
- Esher : 2 miles
- Oxshott : 1 mile
- Central London : 16 miles
- Heathrow : 20 miles
- Gatwick : 29 miles
- Guildford : 10 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Reeds School, Cobham
- Notre Dame, Cobham
- Parkside School, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Claremont Fan Court School, Esher
- Milbourne Lodge School, Esher
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- Downside School, Leatherhead
- St Johns School, Leatherhead
Cobham is delightful ‘village’ steeped in history and adjacent to the River Mole, located in sought-after Surrey. Cobham Mill is one of the few working water mills in Surrey, whilst the beautiful 17th century Painshill Park nearby, formerly the home of Gerrard Winstanley and the Diggers, a group of political activists with a surprisingly modern manifesto, is nearby. Cobham Park, built in the 1870s was built by Edward Middleton Barry for Charles Combe and other historic properties in Cobham include Ham Manor, The Old Mill House and Church Stile House, probably Cobham’s best-known and dating from the early 17th century. The ancient parish church of St Andrew is Cobham’s oldest building, which contains a unique brass of the nativity, and dates from the 12th century. Famous residents of Cobham have included the poet Matthew Arnold and the Revd Dr John Trusler who wrote several books in the 18th century on a range of topics, such as farming and etiquette. An excellent commuter location, there are a range of shops, cafes, restaurants and amenities ideal for families.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 40 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools including Parkside, Feltonfleet, Notre Dame and ACS International School.
- Leisure amenities including Painshill Park, Cobham Mill and Claremont Park nearby.
- A range of local shops and restaurants.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston Upon Thames and Guildford.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.