Stokesheath Road, Oxshott, KT22 0PZ
PRESTIGIOUS LUXURY FAMILY HOUSE WITHIN PRIVATE CROWN ESTATE. An absolutely stunning, luxury family house situated in the heart of the exclusive private Crown Estate offering superb family accommodation arranged over three floors, with a fabulous indoor pool complex and set in secluded, south-westerly facing gardens.
Approached by a private gated entrance and brick driveway, this modern family property comprises a light-filled atrium reception hall. On the ground floor are four reception rooms, all generously laid out with either solid wood or tiled flooring. There is a large study and to the rear of the property, a formal drawing room which opens out onto the rear terrace and gardens. To the rear of the property is the dining area which leads out onto the large rear terrace and gardens, connecting through double doors to the kitchen. The kitchen/breakfast room is a wonderfully modern and light space, fully-equipped with Gaggenau appliances and overlooking the indoor pool and gardens, with doors to the family room. The indoor swimming pool area has bifold doors opening out onto the rear terrace and gardens. On the first floor is the master bedroom with walk in wardrobe, dressing area, seating area and large en suite bathroom. There are three further bedrooms with en suite facilities. On the second floor are three further rooms and a bathroom. Outside, the large westerly-facing terrace leads to a lawned garden area with mature planting, giving the property privacy.
Located on the Crown Estate, the property is ideally situated for the local schools in Cobham and Oxshott including Danes Hill, Reeds, the ACS International School, Notre Dame, Feltonfleet and also the surrounding schools in Esher, Weybridge and St John’s and Downsend schools in Leatherhead.
Oxshott main line station is nearby with trains to London Waterloo, as are the A3 and M25 motorway with access to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Grand reception hall with sweeping staircase and intricate wrought iron balustrade
- 3 reception rooms
- Bespoke, impressive kitchen/breakfast room with Gaggenau appliances
- Utility room
- Indoor swimming pool complex with shower, WC, changing room and bifold doors leading to the terrace and rear garden
- Superb master bedroom with luxury en suite, dressing room and walk-in wardrobes
- Guest bedroom with en suite
- 4 further bedrooms (2 en suite)
- Family bathroom
- Games room/gymnasium with ample storage
- Double garage
- Ample off-street parking
- South-west facing secluded gardens and grounds, mainly laid to lawn with large paved terrace
- Esher : 2 miles
- Cobham : 1 mile
- Weybridge : 4.5 miles
- Walton on Thames : 5 miles
- Heathrow : 20 miles
- Gatwick : 29 miles
- Central London : 18 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Danes Hill, Oxshott
- Reeds School, Oxshott
- The ACS International School, Cobham
- Notre Dame Senior School, Cobham
- Feltonfleet, Cobham
- Claremont Fan Court School, Esher
- Walton Oak School, Walton on Thames
- Danesfield Manor School, Walton on Thames
- Ashley Primary School, Walton on Thames
- St George’s School and College, Weybridge
- St John’s School, Leatherhead
- Downsend School, Leatherhead
Formerly surrounded by heath and connected to nearby villages by footpaths only in the 16th century, the village of Oxshott has become an attractive and popular location in sought-after Surrey. In 1820, the Duchess of Kent laid the foundation stone of the primary school which has since grown in size and Oxshott became a parish in its own right in 1913. The brickworks, established by John Early Cook in 1866 finally ceased production in 1958, with the distinctive, famous chimneys being demolished in 1967. The village has been featured in Sophie Kinsella’s ‘Shopaholic’ novels as the hometown of Becky Bloomwood, the series narrator. German author, Tom Finnek, set his historic novel, “Unter der Asche” (Beneath the Ashes) in Oxshott and nearby Cobham, and some scenes of Monty Python’s film “Jaabberwocky” was filmed in Oxshott Woods. Oxshott is renowned for its past and present famous sporting residents including Colin Montgomerie, Jamie and Louise Redknapp, David Lloyd, Didier Drogba, John Terry, Graeme Le Saux and Andy Murray. An excellent commuter location, there are a range of local shops, a popular sports club featuring a range of sports including tennis, cricket and bowls, two public houses and plenty of beautiful country walks across heathland. There are more boutiques and restaurants situated in nearby Esher and Cobham.
- Mainline rail station with regular services to London Waterloo (approximately 35 minutes).
- A3 within a short driving distance providing access to London, the M25 and motorway network providing easy access to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Excellent choice of schools nearby including Danes Hill, Reeds School, Parkside, Notre Dame, Feltonfleet and ACS International School.
- Leisure amenities nearby including Painshill Park, Cobham Mill and Claremont Park.
- A range of local shops and restaurants in Esher and Cobham.
- High street names and department stores in nearby Kingston Upon Thames.
If you're interested in viewing this property, fill out the form below to arrange a viewing.